Nothing like a good before and after. There wasn't really much to do in the kitchen. It's a rental so we aren't going to start ripping anything out (despite how much I'd love to) and there isn't anything that is really horrible-except the red paint that made the kitchen feel like it was right out of the 80s.
I can't believe how much better the kitchen looks with just a coat of grey paint. See, I'll say it again- paint it grey (or gray, wherever you are). The cabinets are well-made solid wood, I like the glass fronts and knobs but if I owned this apartment I would : ( I've obviously thought about this)
- replace the countertops- they are black laminate and have seen better days
- replace the oven and cook top from the late 70s
- install a backsplash
- replace the ugly track lighting
- get a new sink and faucet
- consider replacing the floors-while I like the black and white tile it shows every speak of dirt