New Apartment-Tour continued

Thursday, February 14, 2013


The office/guest room/closet is right off the living room/dining room and is separated by french doors which doesn't make for much privacy. Having a pull-out couch was something we knew we wanted in order for friends and family to be able to stay with us. We were just going to get a cheap sleeper couch from Ikea but as we were loading up some of my grandma's furniture from storage the mover overheard us talking and said he had one of his own in storage in the building. I have to admit the crazy pattern stopped me in my tracks and I wasn't sure it would work. The price was right (isn't that what always sways me) and I think it actually works with the pink and black accents. It's very comfortable but fortunately we don't have to sleep on it- sorry guests! 





I can't remember where the owl print was from. The horse print is from Scott Parry, the animal face was a print I picked up at a Yellowknife giftshop. The painting was made by me and the 'merde' by Chad. The metal letter was bought at a flea shop in Dallas, Texas. The black pendant light, rug, clock and blanket are from Ikea.



The two larger prints we picked up in Berlin. The creepy cardinal was a Value Village find (I still feel like he's starring at me). The wooden tiger is from Mexico and the orange print was given to me in an art trade. The bottom prints were Christmas gifts from my parents.




The view back from the kitchen, which will be the next part of the tour along with the bedroom (bedroom door pictured above). It really is one of my favourite rooms and the one we've done the most DIY on. In shopping related news I bought a beautiful turkish towel for the bathroom from the gorgeous Plateau area store Buk & Nola. Please check it out if you are in Montreal. I also finally found new sconces for the living room via stylist Raina Kattelson's blog. They fit both the industrial vibe and price I wanted- can't wait for them to arrive.


No Response to "New Apartment-Tour continued"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger