The Convalescents and a Bedroom Reveal

Thursday, March 20, 2014

I can't believe I'm putting a picture of me in pajamas nearly dying up here but I just did. That's my gift to you in order to explain my absence (well part of it). Thanks Chad for the lovely picture and top notch Photoshop skills. The other part of my absence was due to the fact that I lost the camera charger and was traveling here:

Hello Munich
Aren't you warm and snow free
(Just thought I'd keep it going with the awkward photos)

Oh Hello Montreal in March
Thankfully my sickness subsided in time for 'lucky old me' to travel to Munich for work. It felt like summer there at a balmy +10 (yes, everyone thought I was crazy) and then I came back to Montreal and it's been snowing non-stop. That was depressing. But enough of my excuses, I finally got a new charger and a new camera lens (don't get too excited I didn't use it for the photos I'm about to show you-one step at a time over here).

If you remember way back to my first house photos, here was the bedroom before in all it's salmon pink glory.


The first thing I did on the day we moved in was start painting.


 I knew this was probably going to be the only room in the whole house that wouldn't be a complete wreck while renovating and I wanted to try and make it at least somewhat pretty. It was my 'safe room' during renovations but it didn't emerge completely unscathed. It still somehow managed to get covered in a thick layer of construction dust no matter what I tried but at least it felt like a bit of a sanctuary. You got a peek of the room in my convalescent photo but here are a few more minus me in my pajamas.









Everything in the room was recycled from our last apartment. The sconces and dresser used to be in our old dining room and our king-sized bed and headboard managed to be squeezed in here. I went with a dark blue,almost a navy, on the walls. In such a small room I think it's better to embrace the coziness. Painting the first wall was a bit scary but I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's almost like a sleeping cabin or cocoon. In order to balance out all the blue I went with all-white bedding and curtains. I think the touches of yellow also keep it from being too flat. So that's our new and improved bedroom! I promise I'll be back with the rest of the house tour and that it won't include pajamas or awkward tourist photos.


2 Response to The Convalescents and a Bedroom Reveal

March 21, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I LOVE the velvety headboard! Kinda wish you kept those old silvery bed sheets though. They'll be trendy again, i'm sure (or you could have made an awesome pouffy dress from them). :)

Can't wait to see the rest!

March 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Too bad the old owner took them with her otherwise I would have decorated the whole room around those beauties!

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger