Happy Friday Everyone! We made it...even though this was a short week here in Canada it sure felt long. Maybe due to the fact that I needed a vacation from my vacation in Chicago. We managed to pack so much in, it was non-stop walking and eating the whole weekend. I'll be back next week with a re-cap of the amazing food I ate as well as the awe inspiring tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright homes I took.
- It's such a small world... Jamie Meares of 'i suwannee' and 'Furbish Studio' fame happened to post her Costa Rican vacation re-cap (which seemed way more relaxing than mine) and she stayed at the beautiful hotel my sister works at. Check out her review here.
- Emily Clark posted a great wall art solution-baskets. My mom has been trying to come up with a way to cover an unused electrical box and this may be a perfect option.
- If you're planning on going to Chicago you must, must visit the Frank Lloyd Wright home and studio in Oak Park. We were lucky to be part of a special anniversary tour that I'll tell you more about next week. Here's a few peeks on my instagram.
- Sarah Sherman Samuel of Smitten Studio just finished another amazing step in her house renovation. I've bookmarked her diy built-in shelving for future use.
- I just discovered this Vancouver blog that combines art, food and other randomness. These rhubarb raspberry meringues with pistachio crumble look delicious.
- Emily Henderson's 'Fig House Lounge' has so many colours but works so well. Makes me want to re-do everything in vibrant candy colour.
- Abigail Ahern mulls over some creative door possibilities.
- Our front lawn is looking a little sparse. Allison at Deuce Cities Henhouse ponders which ornamental tree to use in her landscaping and gets some helpful advice in her comments-great for those of us who live in northern climates.
- My grandmother was an avid collector of Royal Doulton Figurines so it's fascinating to see them updated in these artful pieces.