Le Weekend

Thursday, May 22, 2014



Happy Friday Everyone! We made it...even though this was a short week here in Canada it sure felt long. Maybe due to the fact that I needed a vacation from my vacation in Chicago. We managed to pack so much in, it was non-stop walking and eating the whole weekend. I'll be back next week with a re-cap of the amazing food I ate as well as the awe inspiring tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright homes I took.

  1. It's such a small world... Jamie Meares of  'i suwannee' and 'Furbish Studio' fame happened to post her Costa Rican vacation re-cap (which seemed way more relaxing than mine) and she stayed at the beautiful hotel my sister works at. Check out her review here
  2. Emily Clark posted a great wall art solution-baskets. My mom has been trying to come up with a way to cover an unused electrical box and this may be a perfect option. 
  3. If you're planning on going to Chicago you must, must visit the Frank Lloyd Wright home and studio in Oak Park. We were lucky to be part of a special anniversary tour that I'll tell you more about next week. Here's a few peeks on my instagram. 
  4. Sarah Sherman Samuel of Smitten Studio just finished another amazing step in her house renovation. I've bookmarked her diy built-in shelving for future use. 
  5. I just discovered this Vancouver blog that combines art, food and other randomness. These rhubarb raspberry meringues with pistachio crumble look delicious. 
  6. Emily Henderson's 'Fig House Lounge' has so many colours but works so well. Makes me want to re-do everything in vibrant candy colour. 
  7. Abigail Ahern mulls over some creative door possibilities
  8. Our front lawn is looking a little sparse. Allison at Deuce Cities Henhouse ponders which ornamental tree to use in her landscaping and gets some helpful advice in her comments-great for those of us who live in northern climates.
  9. My grandmother was an avid collector of Royal Doulton Figurines so it's fascinating to see them updated in these artful pieces





No Response to "Le Weekend"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger