This Friday I thought I'd do something a little different. After a much needed trip to Sephora I came home with a few new products that had actually come recommended by some of my favourite bloggers. I thought I'd share the love and let you know some new beauty loot I'm thrilled with and a few things on my summer style and beauty wishlist.
- I'm very tempted by the ombre trend and hair stylist Anh Cotran's instragram feed is pure inspiration. I'll definitely be bringing in a picture of his cuts & colour to my stylist if I decide to take the leap.
- I'm trying to get away from constantly putting my hair up in a ponytail or a bun. The Beauty Department offers all kinds of different up-dos for all hair lengths.
- While I'd love to let my hair air-dry, I'm not so into the wet dog stringy look. Joanna from A Cup of Joe posted about this secret hair tool that I'm hoping will cut down on my blow-drying time.
- I got this mascara as a sample and I love it- not clumpy and makes me look like I have faux lashes on.
- I picked up these cheap jeans at Target and didn't expect much but they've actually turned out to be my new favourite pair- time to stock up.
- I love this simple and polished outfit posted by Cupcakes and Cashmere. I'm on the lookout for white jeans now. It's so hard to find a pair that are under $100 and aren't flimsy and see-through, any recommendations?
- Erin of Elements of Style recommended this product for clean, simple nails. As someone who hates constantly touching up nail polish I can't wait to try this.
- After an extensive conversation with a very well versed Sephora employee I've decided to try this self-tanner this summer. I've been assured that it will be subtle and natural (but this said employee was also wearing under-eye glitter, so I'll report back).
- Another Elements of Style suggestions and let me tell you- this is the best under eye concealer I have ever used and as someone with year-round allergies and year-round dark circles, I've tried them all.
Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be outside trying to spruce up the outside of the house. I can't wait to show you some of the (minor) progress we've made.