Le Weekend

Thursday, May 29, 2014



This Friday I thought I'd do something a little different. After a much needed trip to Sephora I came home with a few new products that had actually come recommended by some of my favourite bloggers. I thought I'd share the love and let you know some new beauty loot I'm thrilled with and a few things on my summer style and beauty wishlist.

  1. I'm very tempted by the ombre trend and hair stylist Anh Cotran's instragram feed is pure inspiration. I'll definitely be bringing in a picture of his cuts & colour to my stylist if I decide to take the leap.
  2. I'm trying to get away from constantly putting my hair up in a ponytail or a bun. The Beauty Department offers all kinds of different up-dos for all hair lengths.
  3. While I'd love to let my hair air-dry, I'm not so into the wet dog stringy look. Joanna from A Cup of Joe posted about this secret hair tool that I'm hoping will cut down on my blow-drying time.
  4. I got this mascara as a sample and I love it- not clumpy and makes me look like I have faux lashes on.
  5. I picked up these cheap jeans at Target and didn't expect much but they've actually turned out to be my new favourite pair- time to stock up.
  6. I love this simple and polished outfit posted by Cupcakes and Cashmere. I'm on the lookout for white jeans now. It's so hard to find a pair that are under $100 and aren't flimsy and see-through, any recommendations?
  7. Erin of Elements of Style recommended this product for clean, simple nails. As someone who hates constantly touching up nail polish I can't wait to try this.
  8. After an extensive conversation with a very well versed Sephora employee I've decided to try this self-tanner this summer. I've been assured that it will be subtle and natural (but this said employee was also wearing under-eye glitter, so I'll report back).
  9. Another Elements of Style suggestions and let me tell you- this is the best under eye concealer I have ever used and as someone with year-round allergies and year-round dark circles, I've tried them all. 

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be outside trying to spruce up the outside of the house. I can't wait to show you some of the (minor) progress we've made.


2 Response to Le Weekend

June 19, 2014 at 3:37 AM

If you're still looking for white jeans, I got a pair at Express that were reasonably priced and they're not see through!

June 19, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Thanks Colleen! I actually found a pair at the Bay in the 'older ladies' section-haha- but since I've worn them a few time and haven't got them covered in stains I may look for another pair. P.S. I hope you do a recap of your Italy trip.

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger