E-Decor

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hey Everyone! It's almost Friday, which means it's almost the weekend- who's ready to relax with some pumpkin spice? I know I'm a cliche but I can't help it. I'm going to spend the weekend brainstorming decor ideas for the Thanksgiving dinner and Halloween party I'm hosting. Maybe I can combine them- scary Thanksgiving? That's way more important then the food-right?

Anyhow, I thought I'd give you a peek into an e-decor client I recently helped. In case you don't know, e-decor is a great option if you don't live in Montreal/Ottawa or if you have a limited budget and don't mind doing part of the work yourself. After an initial consultation by phone, Skype or email I send you a moodboard, a floorplan and a full source list. Then you go off and easily create the space you've always wanted.

This client was a real estate developer who had two luxury condos to stage-the idea was that the furniture would be used in one space and then moved over (with the addition of some pieces to the larger unit). The decor had to appeal to both potential buyers-young couples and empty-nesters. We went with a mix of  what I'm calling modern/lux/industrial. This was a really easy space to work with as the finishes were gorgeous-dark maple cabinetry, 'super white' granite, dark maple floors and a canvas of Benjamin Moore 'Stone Harbour Grey'. It was also requested that I use a few of their wholesale suppliers like Gus Modern- which is always my dream choice for sofas! We had to keep the budget reasonable so we tried to mix in some craigslist/kijiji and vintage finds. Ummm, yeah , I think I can handle that.


My favourite option-I've seen that blue Gus Modern sofa in person and it is gorgeous. The chairs, table and lamps were all vintage. Now, a blue sofa isn't for everyone so here were a few other options:




This last option was probably my favourite grey sofa option. I really loved that cobalt blue mid-century chair and the benches. Which one do you like best? Which one do you think they picked?



The dining room was fairly open concept so I wanted it to tie into the other spaces - natural tones with the industrial edge of metal and graphic art. Also, you can't beat a round tulip table in a small space.


The den/office already had the cool industrial metal desk- see how easy it was to work on this project? I added bright and colourful elements to soften the space. 


This guest bedroom re-used the art from the living room to make a calming, modern retreat using a mix of vintage (dresser) and some newer thrifty finds- the headboard is from Home Depot!


I feel like the master bedroom is exactly what I'd want in my own house. The mint and mustard colour scheme may be a new favourite - if only I was redecorating my own bedroom! 

To find out more about e-decor services take a look HERE and shoot me off an email so we can start working to create a space you love for a great price. Then go get yourself a pumpkin latte! 



No Response to "E-Decor"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger