E-Decor

Monday, October 27, 2014

I just wrapped up a project with an e-decor client that I could not wait to share with you. In fact, I loved it so much I came up with two options instead of one! 

I feel like the dilemma this client was having is one that I hear from a lot of people. She had moved into a space that her partner had already been living in and he had a lot of stuff that was not exactly to her taste. She had slowly been redoing each room to reflect both of them but needed some help with the master bedroom as it had an awkward layout and needed all new furniture.

While the furniture in the bedroom was all practical and functional (sounds like so many guys I know) it was not exactly the mood she was going for. After we chatted and I saw a picture of her almost-done living room, I completely agreed. She had lots of dark wood bedroom furniture that did not reflect the fun, modern style she had created in the living room. The bedroom already had three new pieces- the cool campaign style bedside tables, a full length wood mirror and a neutral upholstered headboard. There was also a this cute print that had to stay - obviously! These were the jumping off points for the room. I also needed to find a way to cover up an off-center window on the only wall the bed could go on.






We talked about a calm and neutral bedroom space that would still have an element of fun and pattern all while tying in the burgundy bedside tables. I love the combination of icy blue and wine so I sourced this light blue rug that fit perfectly. Then I stumbled on this gorgeous tribal rug and just had to do second, maybe not so relaxing but definitely stunning, design. 

The two options:







All the furniture in the moodboards will not necessarily be in the room but I added in all the pieces to get a sense of them all together. There are several options in terms of layout depending on their end decision regarding one or two dressers. 

recommended she cover the off-center window with wall-to-wall curtains which makes a great textured backdrop for the bed.  In two of the options she gets a great little sitting area, which even though we all know ends up as a place to throw clothes, it is nice to have a place to sit and read or relax. Having a small stool is also a great options as it allows you to move it around the room to use as a footstool or a seat at your vanity table. Either way, I'm loving the colour scheme in both rooms. I usually don't gravitate towards reds but I think I may just reconsider now! 




What do you think? Do you have a favourite layout or design? I can't wait to see what they choose and how the room turns out.

Do you have a space that needs a little, or a lot of, help? 
E-decor is a great option if you don't live in the Montreal/Ottawa area or if you have a limited budget and don't mind doing part of the work yourself. After an initial consultation by phone, Skype or email I send you a moodboard, a floorplan and a full source list. Then you go off and easily create the space you've always wanted. Just in case I missed the mark, you also get two free revisions. Check out my services page or send me an email for more information.

No Response to "E-Decor"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger