Le Weekend

Friday, October 24, 2014



Happy Friday! We made it! This Friday is one of goodbyes. My sister is going back to Costa Rica and Billy the kitten is losing his balls today (time to get fixed little buddy!). On that note, do you have any fun plans for the weekend? I think we're going to stay in, help Bill recuperate and maybe I'll finally tackle a few projects I've been putting off - oh yes and there will be wine. Here are a few links to things that caught my eye this week on the internet:

  1. Little Green Notebook strikes again. Seriously, this lady has young kids and said she was fighting off morning sickness while pregnant with another, all while creating these amazing DIYs for Domino Magazine.
  2. The One Room Challenge is back again and Naomi is doing not one but two rooms. The kitchen she designed is shaping up to be amazing, I mean the cabinets have walnut interiors!
  3. Gabrielle visited High Point Market and very kindly gives us a round up of three upcoming home decor trends.
  4. Erin Gates is on tour for her new book 'Elements of Style' (a really fun read by the way) and her personal style is knocking it out of the park. Check out just one of her outfits here.
  5. I've been sourcing some removable wallpaper for a client and Made By Girl has done a great job of giving some examples in case you don't want, or can't, make a permanent commitment.
  6. Bailey McCarthy gives us an update of her new bigger and better store. Those colours and that pattern mixing is incredible. 
  7. The Jealous Curator alerted me to the work of New York based illustrator Mac Conner. See more of his illustrations here
  8. My coworker sent me a link to the Design Matters Fall 2014 interview lineup. I can't wait to listen to some of these and learn more about the world’s most creative designers, thinkers, writers, and cultural commentators. 
  9. If you're crazy about fluffy stools like I am but don't want to shell out the money for a high-end one, Life with a Dash of Whimsy, has a great DIY version using Ikea sheepskins. 





No Response to "Le Weekend"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger