Well hello there Friday, am I happy to see you! I don't have much to share with you guys, honestly this time change business is making me feel like I don't have enough hours left in the day. What are your plans for the weekend? I just going to be doing some catch-up. Maybe finally some meal planning for the week and obviously a little bit of wine drinking and kitten cuddling. Here's a few things from around the internet I loved this week:
- A new to me blog 'Into Mind' about personal style, minimalism and the perfect wardrobe shared a 'Closet Detox Cheat Sheet' that I may have to use this weekend if I get ambitious. I mean let's me honest, I'll never be a minimalist but this may be a good starting point to get my overflowing closet in order once again.
- I talked about gallery walls earlier this week in my 'Decor Tips for a Rental' and Decor8 has laid out 8 great tips on 'How to Plan a Gallery Wall'. Maybe finally hanging that art is in your future this weekend?
- Sea of Shoes always has impeccable taste and her mother Judy Aldridge was kind enough to give me some tips on shopping in Dallas many years ago, so I have a soft spot for them. This week she outlined some of favourite new beauty buys and there are a few I definitely want to try.
- These 10 Best One-Pot Meals from Camille Styles may help me out this weekend if I actually get around to making a few things for the week ahead.
- Victoria McGinley shared a post about a few thing on her mind lately, including the possibility of taking a solo trip to Paris so that she could enjoy "visits to pottery stores and flea markets" without feeling like she was dragging her husband along. I've traveled alone before and loved it. What about you? Would you brave a solo trip so that you can enjoy exactly what you want to do?
- I've suggested using the Ikea Malm dresser to a number of people, mainly because of it's clean lines and price point (if you don't have time to source vintage). Erin Gates, of Elements of Style, shared her favourite addition to the dresser to take it from good to great!
- Are you thinking about starting a renovation? Sarah from 702 Park Project shares all the things she wished she'd known before starting her own reno here.
- The One-Room Challenge is complete (for the most part) and one of my favourite spaces is Naomi's 'Petite Kitchen' - my new most pinned space. I mean the walnut, the brass and that backsplash tile- too much!
- Another One-Room Challenge space I loved was the Holtwood Hipster's bedroom. The new molding in the room really makes me want to start a new project.