Christmas Theme

Thursday, November 20, 2014


Happy Friday Everyone! I don't know about you, but it seems like Christmas has come early this year and I for one am not complaining. Maybe because it seemed to turn so cold so quickly here, or maybe because I haven't decorated for the holidays in two years (thanks moving and renovations), or maybe because I was particularly sad to take down the Halloween decorations this year but I am really excited to start decorating for Christmas right now. So in case, like me, you're thinking of getting started this weekend here is my inspiration and plans for getting our house Christmas-y.



Here is what I'm starting with: A black Christmas tree, a black fur tree skirt and vintage inspired multi-coloured ornaments. After looking for some inspiration online (my Holiday pinterest board is here) I've decided to obviously keep the tree but change up the ornaments to make it a little bit more stylish and tie into a theme I already love- black & white stripes-as evidenced in our living room above.

1 (Source unknown)/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9
By adding a black and white striped ribbon as garland and metallic, black and white ornaments I'm hoping to have a tree that is sophisticated and sparkly. I'd never thought of using ribbon as garland or a tree topper but I can't wait to see how it transforms the look. Target, Ikea, Michael's and some of the big hardware stores seem to have some great, inexpensive items this year so it shouldn't cost a fortune to do a small update. I plan on reusing the colourful vintage ornaments I already have on a smaller white tree that I may put up in the office as a bright surprise when you walk in. Here are a few sources to get the "Black & White + Metallic" Christmas look this year- Happy tree trimming!

Banner/ Wreath/ Tree/ Ribbon/ Black Ornaments/ Owl Ornaments/ Pompom Garland/ Leaf Garland/ Diamond Ornaments/ Metallic Ornaments/ Bottle Brush Trees (other images-doily snowflakes [source unknown]/presents and gift tags/ branch and star)


No Response to "Christmas Theme"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger