Iqaluit Condo After-Part 2

Monday, January 7, 2013

The funny thing about painting is that once you decide to paint one room the other one suddenly looks worse-at least that's how it always works for me. Or,you are perhaps not the greatest painter of walls (despite your art degree) and you manage to inadvertently paint a wall you didn't intend too therefore making it necessary to painting everything. The condo started out the same builder beige a lot of places are. Someone had come in and sprayed every last inch, even the baseboards and trim were beige. I hate beige. It started with the staircase after moving furniture and scuffing a wall. There was no paint left over in the house and my attempt to match it failed. So what started out a 'why not paint that one wall grey' ended in almost every room being painted.




After seeing quite a few tutorials online like Kathleen's and 4men1lady's we (again I mean Chad) decided to give it a shot. Chad did all the measuring and taping and I did all the painting. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (probably because I didn't do the measuring and taping) and I really loved the end result.


We also changed out all the 'boob lights' with industrial outdoor lighting I found off Amazon.com. I think they were maybe $20 each. You see similar light fixtures sold as indoor lighting in specialty lighting stores for hundreds of dollars. The vintage dry cleaning sign was from Etsy.




Lastly our bedroom. I already had one lime green bedside table and then used the leftover paint from the dining room table to paint the other one. Pretty good match if I do say so myself. The lamps were vintage from ebay and the wall hanging was something I purchased while on vacation in Mexico.

So that's it for our first round of renovations. Round two we tackled the countertops, changed the kitchen backsplash and repainted the main level. 



No Response to "Iqaluit Condo After-Part 2"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger