Secret Source

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

When we first moved away from the Arctic and I realized that I had the world of Craigslist and Kijiji open to me it was thrilling. Then very shortly after that I also realized that people are selling a lot crap. Thank god I found Montreal Digs. Jennifer has a blog that lists Montreal's best vintage furniture finds. "I dig through Kijiji and Craigslist Montreal, so you don't have to!" She is not exaggerating. I found both my buffet and coffee table through her site. She was kind enough to feature my sideboard makeover here.

The 'before' picture from the listing
After sanding, priming and the first coat of grey paint (thanks to my Dad for helping!)
Making sure the beautiful drawer details didn't get lost
The 'After'

While browsing the site I also came across a post for a marble top coffee table. This was the estate sale coffee table that Chad was sure would not work at all. He was giving me that look that says 'you are crazy and why are we in a grandma's house again'. It also weighed what felt like a hundred pounds- so it was not a fun walk to car. I think you'll agree it didn't quite live up to it's potential in this picture but Jennifer and I both knew how great it could look.




Why hello there new coffee table- I really love you. So that's my secret. Anyone in Montreal who wants someone with a great eye to find the best deals, check out-Montreal Digs.


No Response to "Secret Source"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger