Living/Dining Room Updates

Tuesday, May 7, 2013


Well hello again. I didn't die although I thought I may have been close a few times. I'm exaggerating but I feel like I've had some sort of illness forever. Thankfully, it is full-on summer here in Montreal and I have a new rug and wall sconces to cheer me up. The rug was actually a birthday present from Chad-the kind where I went and picked it up and then he paid me back-so romantic we are. 

After looking forever for different rug options I finally settled on the oh so popular Stockholm Rug from Ikea. While I love a traditional oriental rug Chad had nixed that option (for now at least). I also knew the cats are always on the lookout for a new place to throw-up, so pure wool (which is stain repellent) was a must.  It's pretty hard to find a decent hand woven wool rug for under $500. This one is 5X7 and $250-SOLD. It has held up well to several cat presents already. I'll try and do a round up of other rug contenders and sources but Erin of Design Crisis did a great guide on 'Rugs That Go With Anything'.  I also listed some other sconce options here but I have to say I really love them in place of the old ones. 

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER






I think it makes such a difference in the space and I love the way it echoes the black and white flooring in the kitchen. How do you feel about rugs? Are they worth the extra vacuuming? Are you secretly a crazy 'more is more' rug lady who would love to layer moroccan rug over moroccan rug until you had your own souq? Or are you like 'someone else' who doesn't like "crazy old lady rugs" and prefers a more graphic, geometric rug?

Via Adventures From Life in the Big Apple

Via Lost Art Rugs



No Response to "Living/Dining Room Updates"

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger