Real Estate Room Reno

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

It's been a while but I finally have another installment of 'Real Estate Room Reno' where I redo a room from a real estate listing that has potential but isn't living up to it.

First of all, you may think I'm crazy but I know I'm not the only one who's dreamt of converting an old church into a home because there is plenty of pinterest proof. Second of all, this real estate listing is for $1! The only problem is that you'll have to move this Sackville, New Brunswick church yourself and I'm guessing that will not be cheap but just look at the potential!



BUILDING TO BE MOVED AT BUYER'S EXPENSE. The former Sackville United Church which will seat approximately 1200 people. The sanctuary is on the second level and features beautiful stained glass windows and cathedral ceilings.

Bedrooms: N/A
Bathrooms: 5 1/2
Year Built: Unknown
Asking Price: $1









The original woodwork, the ceiling, the stained glass - I love it all! I'm not sure what you'd do with the organ but maybe you could work around it. Here are a few examples of amazing church conversions I've found from around the internet. The most successful of these seem to not be afraid to remove elements, modernize the space and partition off the space.





While I would have loved to show you how to add a kitchen into the main area of the church that seemed a bit beyond the scope of what I can do in one moodboard and without the help of an architect. 


Instead, I created a beautiful living room space (minus the church pews) that pulled colours from the stained glass window but modernized the space with white paint and a layered, cozy interior.


What do you think? This room has all my favourite elements:brass, velvet and vintage rugs. Does it make you reconsider an alternative living space? In case you want to recreate the space here are the sources:


If you need any help re-envisioning a room in your house, check out my services page and give me a shout. 






2 Response to Real Estate Room Reno

October 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Love your mood board, especially the chandelier nestled in the rafters! The woodwork is amazing - imagine what you could do with those pews? The more practical side of me though wonders if living in a converted church would feel cold and crafty. That's a lot of space!

October 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Thanks Jen,

I know-I think the practical side of me realizes that the heating bill would be astronomical!

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger