Christmas Decoration

Wednesday, December 10, 2014



After all my talk of Christmas decoration and themes, it took me a while to get around to actually photographing our house. I swear it's not just me wanting to sit in our living room with the Christmas lights on drinking bourbon (okay part of it is that) but it's really been a busy few weeks around here. At the beginning of this week I got the news that I've been offered a dream job in Ottawa. So folks, this means we're going to be moving! This also means this will be the first and last Christmas I decorate this little house and it's kind of bittersweet. I'm not sure how long it will be until we sell this house but in the future it means there may be a new renovation on the horizon. So I hope you don't mind if I get nostalgic and overload you with pictures. Let's take a look a my original Christmas theme and how it turned out. 

BannerWreathTreeRibbonBlack OrnamentsOwl OrnamentsPompom GarlandLeaf GarlandDiamond OrnamentsMetallic OrnamentsBottle Brush Trees (other images-doily snowflakes [source unknown]/presents and gift tags/ branch and star)




I reused the branch I spray painted for Halloween and instead of hanging skulls (not very Christmas-y) I added clear snowflake ornaments I picked up a few years ago at the Dollar Store.


The gold glitter garland was from Target, as were the brush bottle trees and some of the Christmas tree ornaments. The lights on the bingo sign were from Ikea (old). We bought our black Christmas tree a few years ago at Canadian Tire.



I changed up a few throw pillows with something more festive from Target and created a centerpiece from a vintage cloche, leftover ornaments and a wreath and wire lights from HomeSense.





Here's Billy the Kitten (who's not so much a kitten anymore) testing out the merchandise.




Again, some Target trees, older Ikea snowflake lights and a new lamp (also from Target).













I reused another Halloween accessory in this black wreath. By taking off all the orange berries and replacing them with a few ornaments, I think it ties in quite nicely to my B&W + Metallic theme.


My old colourful vintage inspired metallic ornaments got a new home on this small tinsel tree and I used up the last of the ribbon and ornaments hanging on the chandelier. 




Since I've always wanted a banister to decorate but was afraid the cats would go crazy for real tree garland. Instead,  I used up some more leftover Halloween decorative burlap to wrap the stairs. I added some Martha Stewart battery powered lights and a few ornaments and the entryway is now ready for Christmas. 


Are you all ready for Christmas? I can't believe it's two weeks away! I don't know about you but I'm ready to relax and get back to bourbon drinking in the twinkling glow.

P.S. Anyone in the Montreal area who is interested in our house, or knows someone who may be, please feel free to contact me here.



4 Response to Christmas Decoration

December 11, 2014 at 4:07 AM

Congrats on your dream job! That's so fantastic! Your house looks absolutely amazing. I basically pinned every picture!

COOCOO FOR COCO

Becky
December 11, 2014 at 6:50 AM

Congratulations on the job and the move! Ottawa is a great place to live.

Anonymous
December 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Love your Christmas decor!! The snowflakes, the little trees....the lights :D. Congrats on the new job! I am looking forward to you sharing some fantastic thrifty finds in Ottawa.

December 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Congratulations on your new job offer!

http://taleofthegreat.com

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger