Christmas

Monday, December 17, 2012

Any holiday that involves eating and decorating is my kind of holiday. Last Christmas was spent in Nunavut. It was sad not to see any family but it was also relaxing and we did lots of dinners and drinking with friends. It was also my first Christmas with my very own tree and I was pretty excited (someone else, not so much).

I ordered a white christmas tree in July- the postmaster had lots of fun with that one-and thought it looked great with the vintage ornaments I bought. When we moved I didn't take the tree because the whole $10/pound shipping thing made me seriously rethink what was going with me. Whoever is living in my old condo, there is a white christmas tree under the stairs.

I had my work Christmas party in late November so I felt like that gave me license to put mine up right after. I could not find another white tree so we went with black. The fibre optic lights sold one of us and the unusual colour sold me. (We don't turn the fibre optic lights on cause it looks a bit tacky). Here are a few pictures of what Christmas is looking like at my house. I'm going to do a full apartment/house tour in the new year but everything on the buffet are thrift finds from estate sales/antique markets/craigslist and most of the Christmas things are from Homesense.

Our apartment outside
Finally breaking out the old Sorrels









Steven the cat always finding her way into photos


Chairman- not amused




1 Response to Christmas

Anonymous
December 18, 2012 at 5:11 AM

Such sweet and cosy photos!This time of year is lovely because of the winter snowfall and the warm vibe everywhere... I'm starting to think that Winter is actually my favourite season now!

Nesha
http://blog.bettyreddesign.com/

Brownie All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger