Anyhow.....back to the final instalment of our Iqaluit condo. Just when we thought we were done Chad found a solution to our hideous countertop issues. Since equally ugly laminate was our only previous choice I decided to hear him out. Not even really hear him out because at that point I think he had already ordered the tile online. We went with a white hexagon tile and a black trim tile. We simply ripped out the old countertop, secured plywood sheets cut to size, then glued and grouted the tile. Chad did most of the cutting on a tile saw we rigged up and I helped to to push the tiny tiles through. I was also the grout cleaner-upper and assistant. If you've ever cleaned grout you'll know how much fun that was. Chad also spent a lot of time pretending he was surgeon and I had to hand him instruments-stat!
|The original green countertop|
|After tiling before grouting|
|The finished product|
|The kitchen after we moved in|
|The 'intermediate' kitchen|
|The finished kitchen|
After all the tiling I also decided to repaint the kitchen and hallway from the bright green to a more classic grey. This also lead to painting the living room from beige to a very pale grey. That's it for our Iqaluit condo- I promise. Now it's time to move on to your new apartment in Montreal. Even though we're renters now I've still had (and have) plenty of projects in the works- like covering up our space pod shower.